5. Increase Protein and Fiber - It is not about just reducing your calorie intake! Know the difference between eating right and eating less! Reduce the fat and carbohydrate content in your food, increase the proteins and fibres. Carbohydrates are not totally bad for you. Here are some examples of fiber: apples, broccoli, asparagus, strawberries, any fruit, any vegetable, oatmeal, whole grains, etc. The carbs you want to avoid are the ones that turn straight into sugar, like white bread, white rice etc.
Español: reducir grasa sin hacer ejercicio, Français: maigrir sans faire de l'exercice, 中文: 在不锻炼的条件下减肥, Русский: похудеть без тренировок, Deutsch: Abnehmen ohne Sport, Italiano: Ridurre il Grasso Senza Fare Attività Fisica, Português: Emagrecer Sem se Exercitar, Nederlands: Afvallen zonder aan sport te doen, العربية: تقليل الدهون بدون ممارسة الرياضة
Português: Perder 5 Quilos em Uma Semana, Italiano: Perdere Cinque Chili in una Settimana, Español: perder 10 libras en una semana, Deutsch: 4.5 Kilos in einer Woche verlieren, Français: perdre 5 kilos en une semaine, 中文: 在一周内瘦九斤, Nederlands: 5 kilo afvallen in een week, Русский: сбросить 4,5 килограмма за неделю, Bahasa Indonesia: Menurunkan Berat Badan 5 KG dalam Seminggu, Čeština: Jak zhubnout 5kg za týden, हिन्दी: एक हफ्ते में दस पाउंड कम करें, ไทย: ลดน้ำหนัก 5 กิโลในหนึ่งสัปดาห์, العربية: خسارة 4 كيلو جرام ونصف من وزنك في أسبوع, 한국어: 일주일에 4.5 kg 빼는 방법, Tiếng Việt: Giảm 5kg Trong một Tuần, 日本語: 一週間で5kg減量する, Türkçe: Bir Haftada 5 Kilo Nasıl Verilir
Leaps / skaters are leg strengthening exercises. This is a great exercise for sports persons, which improve speed and grace. In order to do perfect leaps, get into a semi-squat position and jump sideways and then land on your right foot. Repeat the same process in the opposite direction, now land on your left foot. You can perform these leaps regularly to strengthen your legs.
You don’t have to go low-carb to ditch those extra pounds around your waist in a short period of time. In fact, opting for more whole grains might just get you there faster. Researchers at Tufts University have linked eating three or more daily servings of whole grains to as much as a 10 percent reduction in visceral body fat, the kind that ups your risk for chronic diseases, like diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure.
77. Get A Sit-To-Stand Desk – People who stand during the workday have been found to burn more calories than those who sit.61 There are a number of sit-to-stand desk options available these days. You can invest in an automated desk that adjusts heights based on whether you want to sit or stand, or you can build your own standing desk using Ikea furniture. Having the option to sit or stand could encourage you to move around more and be more active throughout the day.
101. Subscribe to the BuiltLean Newsletter – If you’ve enjoyed this article so far, you may be glad to learn we publish new articles and videos every week. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter where we send out updates every week to help you stay motivated and unleash your inner athlete. BuiltLean is your trusted resource for effective methods to lose fat, get strong, and improve your health.
48. Eliminate Coffee After 3pm – Drinking coffee later in the afternoon (within 6 hours of your usual bedtime50) could interfere with your sleep cycle, and adequate sleep is crucial for fat loss. Ideally, stick to 1-2 cups of coffee, and drink it before 12pm. This should give your body plenty of time to process the caffeine and enable you to fall soundly asleep when that time rolls around.
But the combination of the fact that I hate actually doing cardio (and hardly ever do anymore despite closing in on single digit body fat levels as we speak), rarely ever recommend it by default for fat loss or muscle growth, and think it’s by far the most overrated component of improving body composition in general… I’ve been finding it hard to actually start writing about it.
Not all fat is bad. Healthy or “good” fats can actually help to control your weight, as well as manage your moods and fight fatigue. Unsaturated fats found in avocados, nuts, seeds, soymilk, tofu, and fatty fish can help fill you up, while adding a little tasty olive oil to a plate of vegetables, for example, can make it easier to eat healthy food and improve the overall quality of your diet.
64. Pack Food For The Plane– Bringing your own food is the easiest way to ensure you eat something healthy and tasty when you travel. You can pack your own meals and bring your own snacks. Taking a little time to prepare food before your flight lets you control what and how much you’re eating. A simple and filling snack to pack is a Bison-Cranberry EPIC bar and an apple. If you want more of a meal, consider packing one of these easy quinoa recipes to keep you full during your flight.
Try not to eat when you feel upset or bored — find something else to do instead (a walk around the block or a trip to the gym are good alternatives). Many people find it's helpful to keep a diary of what they eat and when and what they are feeling. When you have to write it down, you might think twice before eating cookies. Reviewing the diary later can also help them identify the emotions they have when they overeat.
Intermittent fasting has blown up in the past year, but scientists are just starting to figure out how it can help you lose weight. In one study from the University of Illinois at Chicago, researchers compared obese people in a traditional weight loss group and fasting group. For the experiment, the calorie-restricted group simply reduced the amount of calories they ate by 25 percent each day. The fasting group, however, alternated days: they ate 25 percent of the calories they needed one day between 12 and 2 p.m., and then had feast days the next, where they ate 125 percent of their required calories.
83. Track Your Body Stats – Tracking stats like your weight, body fat, and body measurements for example can keep you more motivated as you progress. Logging your progress may also help you maintain your weight after you’ve reached your goals.65 Write these numbers down in a log or on your calendar so you can see where you started and how far you’ve come. Here are a few options you can track as you continue on your weight loss journey: (1) measure your waist, chest, and hips, (2) measure your starting weight, and weigh yourself once per week on the same day at the same time,66 and (3) measure your starting body fat %, and then remeasure monthly.
Also some research shows that the human body is primed to consume most of its calories during daylight hours. But the lifestyle is problematic for many: Because family meals and dinners with friends often are scheduled for after sunset, “people who try to stop eating after 7pm can’t do it every day for the rest of their lives,” says Dr. Seltzer, who supports an alternative strategy: Eating a hearty meal at your regular dinnertime.
If you’ve got weight to lose and you want it gone fast, try swapping out your usual proteins in favor of fish. Not only is fish lower in calories than an equivalent amount of beef or chicken, a study published in Obesity reveals study subjects who added omega-3 fatty acids, like those found in fish, to their diets shed more weight and had an easier time keeping it off than those who skipped them.
Nutrition expert and mom Holley Grainger, R.D, recommends adding plant-based proteins like beans and lentils to your meals and snacks for a boost of satiating fiber. She also suggests upping your fiber game by topping salads with white beans, combining lentils with lean ground beef when making spaghetti sauce or tacos, or baking chickpeas for a crispy snack.
At any given time, there are dozens of weight-loss hypes in the marketplace that claim to take off 10 pounds in 10 days, or whatever. Desperation can tempt us to try anything — from "clean eating" to cutting out food groups entirely. Keep in mind: Just because an avocado-walnut-"crunchy"-kale-salad dripping in coconut oil is deemed "clean" by a so-called "expert" on your Instagram feed does not make it an unlimited food. Moral of the story? Avoid fads, eat real food, watch some Netflix, and unwind (perhaps with a glass of wine in hand). Now that's my kind of detox.
Close the Kitchen at Night. Establish a time when you will stop eating so you won't give in to the late-night munchies or mindless snacking while watching television. "Have a cup of tea, suck on a piece of hard candy or enjoy a small bowl of light ice cream or frozen yogurt if you want something sweet after dinner, but then brush your teeth so you will be less likely to eat or drink anything else," suggests Elaine Magee, MPH, RD, WebMD's "Recipe Doctor" and the author of Comfort Food Makeovers.
Eat only moderate amounts of saturated fats. There has been a lot of back and forth research over whether or not saturated fats are unhealthy. Since fats in general are higher in calories are you're trying to reduce weight and body fat, limit these types of fats. They are found in animal products like butter, full fat cheese, red meat and lard.
According to a study conducted on a sample of over 14,000 subjects, brushing after every meal considerably helped reduce weight. Not only does the minty flavor of your toothpaste keep your teeth clean and get rid of the strong belly-slimming garlic stench, it also triggers a Pavlovian response that signals to your brain, indicating the kitchen is closed.
Often times losing weight goes hand in hand with a newfound love, or simply a routine of exercise. Many decide to purchase exercise equipment for their homes, or for when they're traveling so that they don't have to stray from their goals and routine. Dumbbells, benches, cardio machines, mats, and workout DVDs are just a few examples of beneficial, yet costly equipment that will assist with weight loss and weight maintenance goals.
Conversely, the more food in front of you, the more you’ll eat—regardless of how hungry you are. So instead of using regular dinner plates that range these days from 10 to 14 inches (making them look empty if they’re not heaped with food), serve your main course on salad plates (about 7 to 9 inches wide). Instead of 16-ounce glasses and oversized coffee mugs, return to the old days of 8-ounce glasses and 6-ounce coffee cups.
The final possible culprit behind stubborn weight issues may be the stress hormone, cortisol. Too much cortisol will increase hunger levels, bringing along subsequent weight gain. The most common cause of elevated cortisol is chronic stress and lack of sleep (see tip #10), or cortisone medication (tip #9). It’s a good idea to try your best to do something about this.
If your goal is to get leaner and not lose muscle in the process, then I’d recommend sticking to slow consistent fat loss and not try to rush it (that will just impact strength even more, which increases the potential for muscle loss). Keep doing what you’re doing, and take 1-2 week diet breaks when needed (go back up to maintenance or possibly a very slight surplus).
The trick here is not only to avoid all obvious sources of carbohydrate (sweets, bread, spaghetti, rice, potatoes), but also to be careful with your protein intake. If you eat large amounts of meat, eggs and the like, the excess protein will be converted into glucose in your body. Large amounts of protein can also raise your insulin levels somewhat. This compromises optimal ketosis.